BiG Storage toy appeal 2011 – Stockport office collection
It is that time of year again where Christmas is dawning upon us. The shops are beginning to light up with bright fairy lights and Christmas displays; and most children are dreaming up their wish lists for Santa hoping that he leaves them something exciting on Christmas day. For some children and teenagers from underprivileged families Christmas isn’t such a glorious time.
To help those less fortunate The Stockport Express and its sister titles have joined forces with BiG Storage to make sure that there are plenty of presents for under privileged and vulnerable children and teenagers from nominated charities in the North West.
Noddy Holder, the star of Christmas, was at BiG Storage to launch the appeal. Noddy says: “I am delighted to launch and be part of the Christmas toy appeal once again. We are always overwhelmed by the generosity and kindness of the local community and it is fantastic to see everyone coming together. Please spare a thought for those children that would not get any presents at all if it were not for appeals like this and the generosity of more fortunate families in the community”.
The local charities include:
• The Children’s Adventure Farm Trust who are based in Cheshire and provide holidays and activities for terminally ill, chronically sick, disabled and disadvantaged children.
• The David Lewis Centre, which offers a range of medical, educational, residential, and assessment services for children with epilepsy and other neurological conditions around the Cheshire area.
• The Stockport Early Intervention and Family Centre which offer children homes through Stockport Social Services.
• Together Trust who have various locations in Cheshire and Manchester and help those with behavioural problems, learning difficulties, physical disabilities and autism spectrum conditions. The trust enable each person to have the ability and the right to experience joy, happiness and hope.
• Sure Start Children’s Centre’s who have over 3600 sites nationwide and provide a variety of advice and support for parents and carers. Their services are available from pregnancy right through to when a child goes into reception class at primary school.
Toys can be dropped off at BiG Storage, Handforth Dean, Earl Road, Stanley Green Industrial Estate, Handforth Dean, SK8 6PT (just off the A34 near M&S) 0161 486 600, Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5:30pm, Saturdays 9am to 4pm, and Sundays 10am to 2pm at the BiG Storage reception. Location maps can also be seen at http://www.bigstorage.co.uk.
Toys can also be dropped off at SAS Daniels, 30 Greek Street, Stockport, SK3 8AD; Opening hours are 9am to 5:30pm.
Please note the last date for toy collections will be 19 December 2011.